What do you do with excess over cooked rice ?
I had some left over rice and was worried cause the next day Ramadan, no one would want to eat left over rice for first day of Iftar so I planned to Google and found a recipe. So I found a rice ball recipe and added in some of my twist and TADAA it’s ready!
I did both deep fry and air fry too …. deep fried was pretty crispy balls, air fried (the single one in pic) wasn’t pretty but tasty. Chicken and cheese rice balls (recipe is from some page in YouTube )
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup boiled chicken (chicken boiled with pepper n salt)
- 1/2 cup left over veg filling (onions , carrot , capsicum all sautéed together)
- 1/3 cup sweet corn slightly smashed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 tbs maida or corn flour
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- 1 tsp chilly flakes or red chilly powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/ 2 cup mozzarella cubed to stuff
- Oil to deep fry
To the rice add in cheddar cheese, spices, chicken, veg filling, corn, salt, baking powder and corn flour mix all together.
- Make small balls and flatten it add mozzarella cubes in it and roll to balls and deep fry. For extra crisp., before frying just roll rice balls in corn flour water mixture
- Don’t over crowd and fry
- Left over, over cooked chilled rice is preferred.
- For air fryer be sure to put an aluminum foil and brush with oil as it tends to stick
- I used India gate nas mathi rice