I always love middle eastern desserts . Specially the milk desserts , they are all really light to tummy not too sugar loaded . And yes they all have a great flavor of rose water or orange blossom water . A feel of arabian era…
This recipe was attracted just because of its name Layali Lubnan,;Lebanese night it means …. I checked with my few Lebanese friends and they were also clue less why this name . All they told me is this dessert is a versatile one they have many variations , quite common during Ramadan as they can make it ahead , some add coconut , some add cinnamon , just like over night oats kind they have it with fruits like banana or dry fruits like fig for suhoor .
All I know is this dessert is yum , and I had to make it twice … because what I made got over in a jiffy , so couldn’t click a pic for the blog .
Do comment if you make it like this or if you know why the name is so? …..
Semolina milk pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup semolina (in same cup which I used to measure milk , I used roasted semolina)
- 3tbs Sugar
- 3tbs condense milk (can increase or decrease according to preference)
- 1 tbs rose water
- 1 tsp orange blossom (optional)
- 1 can puck cream (nestle or whipping cream any )
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cardamom
- 1 tbs rose water
Pistachio chopped 1/2 cup
- In a non stick pan add milk , semolina , sugar, condense milk and half of rose water (rest half we will add after cooking)
- Boil it to cook , continuously stir it , so lumps won’t come
- You need to make it thick creamy consistency . Not too thick
- Once it becomes thick , switch off the fire and add the remaining rose water and orange blossom water
- Mean while make the sugar syrup just boil all together .Sugar syrup also needs to boil and thicken too . Sieve the syrup
- In a Pyrex glass dish or individual cups pour the sugar syrup first layer and then add the semolina milk pudding .
- Level it with a spoon .
- Then add the cream on top of it and add pistachios also and leave it 5 hrs in fridge to set.
- You can cut this as a cake or eat as a pudding .
- Dessert needs to be chilled , then only it’s tasty
- Orange blossom could be replaced with vanilla essence or could avoid both . I dint add both
- This is not any sponsored post can use any brand kasha/thick cream
- One of my blogger friend Rafeeda said she avoids sugar syrup , rather drizzles honey
Step 1 the ingredients for the milk pudding
Meanwhile boil the sugar syrup
Pour sugar syrup if you want and enjoy
The music in background is Sami Yusuf’s song was listening in YouTube . It’s his Hasbi Rabbi , he played it live in Kerala here in dubai http://samiyusufofficial.com/ click to know more about him and his music to buy .