I love this , Pista Mango Kulfi Falooda.
Falooda is my families favourite dessert in my home , specially my brothers he needs them in a BIG JAR , literally a big one ….my aunt Nesy Kamar is our official falooda maker …. any function she makes it , and I can say any day her falooda is the best of best . With fruits ,jelly , nuts etc you would definitely ask for a second serving too ….Nesy Aunty this post is for you , thanks for making falooda for us for the last 20 years.
So this is an inspired version of her style falooda with some changes to suit with the stuffs I had at my home . Normally she makes rose milk syrup , basil seeds and she adds mixed fruits, jelly … and then tops with two different flavours of ice cream too…..
This is just an altered way of hers …
Also this falooda I can proudly say it’s a blessing in disguise , a day ahead I attempted to bake the famous pistachio milk cake with pistachio sauce ……..unfortunately it was a disaster , the cake dint bake well and the pistachio sauce was kind of with too much pistas and it had a bitter strong nutty taste too …. so one of my main ingredient of todays falooda is this pista sauce in a new avatar .
Also two days ahead I did make kilikoodu aka birds nest , the recipe is there in my blog , I did open up a packet of vermicelli…. so I had to finish that too … moreover I went for shopping today and found these cute Kerala vintage tea drinking glasses , I wanted to experiment something in that too , so that’s how this falooda came into action .
So let’s start the action , this is just a layered Indian dessert , layers of vermicelli, basil seeds , pista sauce , cream , mangoes , icecream and nuts .
The easiest way to assemble a falooda is make each ingredient ready in a bowl and at a go fill each glasses together so every layer is there in all glasses .
This the glass which I got for 9 dhs , yes 8 glasses for that price from TATI in Mirdif city Centre .
The ingredients pics (not a sponsored post , what I had at home just a took a pic in rush )
- Vermicelli- 1 cup rosted vermicelli
- Milk -1.5 cup
- Sugar -3 tbs
- Rooh hafza- 1/2 -1 tbs (can add any essence )
Boil the vermicelli and milk together , it will start to cook up and thicken , once when it’s semi thick , then you switch it off add the rooh hafza , this is for the pink color to come . As this is a pista included dessert , I would say can opt a green colour pista squash or mango squash too …. keep this into freezer to chill for 15 min. (Thaadi Pista flavour is great too )
- Pista milk – 1 cup Pista grinded in 3/4 cup milk
- Evaporated milk -1.5 cup
- Milk -1/2 cup
- Condense milk – 3-4 tbs
Mix above all together and boil , once boiled reduce flame and keep stirring to reduce it little bit .Be sure to stirr it well . Off the flame and keep in freezer to chill .
* I had to edit and add this as I got many doubts regarding the evaporated milk , it’s totally optional …. instead replace with normal milk but make sure , you boil and reduce to make it slightly thick pista sauce …
- Fresh cream / thick cream / whipping cream – any cream 1/2cup
- Condense milk -2tbs
Mix both and keep in the freezer to chill
- Mangoes-2 ripe mangoes cubed and smashed with fork .
- Kas kas -2 tbs
- Water 1 cup
- Kulfi Icecream – Store bought Kulfi icecream or any
All the above layers I kept it in the freezer for 15 mins to chill .
- Pistachio -1/2 chopped
- Rooh Hafza -1/2 tbs
You need a fancy glass or bowl to serve this falooda
So let’s start the Pista Mango Kulfi falooda
- In a glass jar or bowl first add 2 tbs of the pink vermicelli layers
- Then to that add 2 tbs of pistachio sauce .
- Then add the 2 tbs of mango smashed
- Then add the 2 tsp of cream layer
- Then add 1 tbs of kas kas ( basil seed)
- Then add the pista sauce again
- Top it wit 2 scoop of Kulfi icecream and add Pista , mango and rooh hafza
- Chill and serve .
This pic below , each ingredient is ready to be layered in glass .
So all the layers and glass is ready .
I do adore a fellow blogger Sadia ,also a school friend of mine , she has a yummy mango falooda recipe too , have seen it some time back , do check out if you crave for more different varieties of mango falooda .