Steamed Milk Egg Pudding aka Paal Mutta Urapichath is what Sana Basheer calls it , yes this recipe was shared by Sana Basheer in an fb food community https://m.facebook.com/uaefg/
Well for me its egg pudding …. this is was something I used to have in my childhood , one of the basic fancy pudding those days . During my Kerala vacation visits my aunts used to always make this , as a kid I used to never like payassam (traditional Kerala dessert ) so this is what they used to make for the NRI kid 😂😂😂… it’s an easy peasy dessert with very less cooking time and procedure .
And yeah this same recipe they used to make custard i.e. cook over gas top and then chill in freezer and give us as ice cream , but that I used to never fancy as me being a dubai girl, used to have Baskin Robins back then also , hence their basic ice cream I used to never crave but this pudding yes I could eat it all ….
Do check out the recipe and let me know if you guys make it and love it as much as I did .
- Milk 1 cup
- Milk powder 4 tbs
- Sugar 3 tbs
- Egg 3 nos
- Cardamom 2 nos
- Saffron one pinch
- Ghee/butter 1 tbs
- In a blender except saffron and butter add all mix well to a juice , sieve it
- Grease butter in a glass bowl or silicon mold or steel pan .
- And pour the egg milk mixture to pan and add the saffron strands and steam it for 15 mins
- Chill it and cut and indulge
- You can use 1 bread or 1 tsp semolina if you want the milk cake to be little hard like creamery kind
- The last pic has a spread do check out my page for all other recipes too
- Jorenq food community was known as uae food guide before http://www.uaefoodguide.com/